This is my last post for my free inquiry project! First, I would like to just say how both fun and informative this inquiry has been for me. I have gained so much knowledge from this and so much self-awareness. My question at the start of this project was ‘how does creative expression improve mental health?’ and I think I have done a good job answering that for myself. From both looking into scientific studies and actually integrating art into my weekly life I have learned and seen firsthand how genuinely calming and grounding art can be. Though it can be tough sometimes (for me anyway) to not worry about the final product or how it will turn out, being conscious about maintaining mindfulness is what I found to be the key to a pleasant experience.

Photo by Anna Kolosyuk on Unsplash

I think if I were to extend this inquiry, I would also look into questions such as “does incorporating art into your life on a regular basis increase creativity?” “What is the purpose of art?” or “Why is creative expression innately important to humans?” I initially thought of these questions as I began my inquiry project, however, after learning all I did this past 10 weeks I think looking into these questions would be very interesting and beneficial in expanding my knowledge on the topic of art and mental health as a whole!